For those of you working near Wall Street, or anywhere in the North East for that matter, you know that the weather has been less than cooperative lately. This relentless winter weather has caused for many people to be snowed in lately. As for those who are able to make it out of the house, do you really want to trek through the tundra that waits outside your window?
We here at FTF have found the perfect way to stay occupied andSnowed IN prevent cabin fever as the snow continues to fall around you: a movie day. We have created a list of 10 must see movies that feature one of our favorite supporting actors, Wall Street. If you work in the financial industry and have not seen these famous flicks then now is the perfect time! So update your Netflix, sit down with some popcorn, and hide out from the winter storms.
1. Wall Street (the original) – We all know that the sequel was good but the original is GREAT.
2. Boiler Room – Long Island pump and dump brokers are portrayed by Vin Diesel is this one.
3. Rogue Trader – Ewan McGregor plays one of Wall Street’s villains – Nick Leeson, which you can read about in one of our previous Fun Friday Posts: Villains of Wall Street.
4. Trading Places – Who doesn’t love a good comedy! Dan Akroyd and Eddie Murphy play up the lighter side of Wall Street in this flick.
5. Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room – For the documentary lovers, watch the rise and fall of the former energy traders, with interviews featured of the hedge fund king himself: Jim Chanos
6. American Psycho – Christian Bale plays a disturbed Wall Street professional is this psychological thriller. See what happens when Wall Street workers lose their minds!
7. Working Girl – Coming from a woman owned and operated firm here at FTF, we love a movie that portrays a woman’s determination to reach the top – no matter what!
8. Pi – For the math geeks among us who understand algorithmic formulas and the math that goes behind the stock market this is a film for you!
9. Pursuit of Happiness – Okay not necessarily all about Wall Street, but who doesn’t love a film that shows you the opportunities that lie in the financial industry when you work hard!
10. Dealers – See what happens when a firm looses $100 million and the life of a leading trader. Everyone wants a seat at the top in this film!
These are just a few movies that feature Wall Street. Did we miss any? If yes, please feel free to let us know your favorites?