Since launching our FTF Newsletter this past February, we have covered a variety of topics and trends within the financial services industry. From hedge fund IT issues to outsourcing and operational risk, we have done our best to report on the most relevant and urgent matters that affect your operational teams and processes. With that being said, I wanted to present our top 10 news stories from this past year…
10. Taking on Corporate Actions – The DTCC and key custodian banks are embracing ISO 20022 to bring standardization to corporate action
6. Chris Church’s Uphill Battle – SWIFT’s CEO for the Americas has one overriding goal—he must raise the utility’s profile in the region. Customers, partners and competitors should take notice.
4. Omgeo Is Looking for a Few Good Rock Stars – Damn the competition, Omgeo’s CEO is on a mission to hire the best and the brightest
2. Eze Castle Software Takes On the Middle Office – The vendor is breaking into the middle and back office markets with a mobilized OMS and a data management platform
1. Will CCPs Be Too Big To Fail? – Many want to know if clearing for OTC derivatives via central counterparty clearing houses (CCPs) could backfire
It seems that issues concerning the derivatives market gained the most attention from you, our readers. With so much speculation on what the impending new regulations will be surrounding clearing and trading of derivatives, there was plenty to report on! Vendors also stepped up in 2011 and created new initiatives and solutions in order to get ahead of new trends and regulations.
The FTF Newsletter will now be taking on 2012 and will do our best to continue to bring you quality news stories to keep you up-to-date with industry initiative and operational focuses, but 2011 is not over! Make sure to check out today’s story from our editor, Eugene Grygo, 2012 Predictions. Let’s see if this story can make it into the top 10 before the year is out!