Financial Technologies Forum, LLC (FTF) is a leading provider of executive-level events and training focused on trends and initiatives in the securities industry. We also publish FTF News, an online trade publication focusing on securities operations and technology. Our clients consist of leading financial technology companies and senior level executives from top Wall Street firms.
We offer an entrepreneurial, creative, and fast-paced environment, and we pride ourselves on maintaining a culture of fun, intelligence, and hard work.
FTF seeks a qualified candidate to fill its opening for a journalist intern. This is an opportunity to work for a growing online publication tailored to the capital markets and securities industry. Intern will work directly with Editor and Editor-in-Chief on breaking news stories related to financial technology and FTF clients.
The FTF internship has been crafted for the benefit of the student or graduate. FTF will provide intern with many opportunities to write about major business and IT management issues in the securities trading industry. There will be coverage of industry events, news conferences, and assignments for spot news and feature stories. With the guidance of an editor, the intern will be able to interview major players from securities firms and financial technology companies. FTF offers payment of $8 per hour OR class credit.
Applicants DO NOT need prior experience in financial services and/or technology. This is your opportunity to learn from a 20 year veteran.
– Applicants should be a Journalism or Communications major. *** However, Business/Finance majors with a proven ability to write on deadline will be considered. ***
– Applicants should have an overall GPA of 2.5 and a GPA of 2.5 in their major.
– Applicants should have taken a basic journalism writing course.
– A cover letter indicating specific area of interest and how this internship would be beneficial to both you and Financial Technologies Forum (FTF)
– An up-to-date resume
– Two letters of recommendation from people who know the applicant and his/her work.
– Writing sample
Please call 646-395-6340 for information on how to submit your cover letter, resume and writing sample for consideration.